Services available at the Lenton Parr Library
The Lenton Parr Library provides a full range of services including:
- Borrowing and renewals (see below)
- Inter-library loans
- Inter-campus loans
- Inter-campus copy service
- CAVAL and national borrowing scheme
- Student laptop loans
- High Use Collections (items for Library Use Only or overnight loan)
- BONUS+ borrowing scheme
- Disability support services
- Reference appointments
- Reference enquiries
- Research consultations
Borrowing and renewals
The borrowing and renewals service offered at the Lenton Parr Library is slightly different from the service at other University Library branches. Conditions and procedures are outlined below. If you have any questions, please contact the Lenton Parr Library.
Telephone +(61 3) 9035 9052
Fax +(61 3) 9035 9057
Login to view your patron details online
Who can borrow from the Lenton Parr Library
- Current University of Melbourne students (award courses) and staff
- Authorised VCASS staff
- Approved borrowers by special arrangement
- CAVAL registered borrowers from Victorian universities
- Those eligible for the University Libraries Australia scheme
See the summary of borrowing conditions for all Library collections.
For those who are not current University of Melbourne staff or award course students there are a range of memberships available. Please note that these memberships include borrowing of library materials. These memberships have limited access to electronic resources, media and other exceptions.
University of Melbourne Alumni are eligible for a concession rate for loans at all Library branches.
For University of Melbourne staff and students:
- Interlibrary loans are available to University of Melbourne staff and graduate students. Honours students are eligible, but need to complete a paper request and obtain authorisation from their supervisor.
- Items can be requested from other libraries in Australia, and also overseas. The University of Melbourne Library bears the cost of these requests.
- To request an interlibrary loan, go to the University of Melbourne Library Interlibrary Loans page and select and complete the relevant request form. Please check the BONUS+ catalogue for holdings before you make requests.
For other libraries:
- Lenton Parr Music, Visual and Performing Arts Library lends books and scores from its collection on Interlibrary Loan. Standard fees are charged.
- Requests should be made via LADD. For inquiries, please phone +(61 3) 8344 5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fines and Penalties
Fines apply to all library materials that are returned late.
Fines are not payable until the total fines on your record reach or exceed A$25.00.
Once A$25.00 is reached, fines are payable.
This rolling credit is a goodwill gesture, and should assist those who do not consistently return items late.
Payment of fines
Library fines can be paid online by credit card. Payments can also be made via EFTPOS or cheque at Student Centre between 9am and 4.30pm.
Patrons are also able to add credit (cash or EFTPOS) to their Unicard or ID card for debit at the Library Loans Desk. This service is available during library opening hours.
Fines can also be paid online at http://cat.lib.unimelb.edu.au/patroninfo
The library does not accept credit or EFTPOS at the Service Desk.