Supporting the National Year of Reading 2012
The National Year of Reading 2012 is a collaborative project supported by academic, public and state libraries, government, community groups, media, commercial partners and the public to change attitudes and make Australia a nation of readers.
The library is planning to host a series of events and activities in August 2012 to celebrate and support reading and literacy. So watch this space for more information.
In the mean time, here are 8 ways you can get involved:
- Read - 10 minutes a day - an hour a week
- Restore some of that work-life balance by taking a break with a book at lunchtime
- Get together with friends to read and talk about your favourite books
- Participate in The Reading Hour 25th August 2012
- Read one of 8 books from the the National Year of Reading’s 2012 Book Collection.
- Check out the Junior Fiction and Picture Book Collections on Level 1 at the Giblin Eunson Library
- Join the Rowden White Library - the University's free recreational library situated on the second floor of Union House.
- Celebrate Indigenous Literacy Day; 5 September 2012
Contact: Appy Laspagis -Education Librarian
Phone: (03) 8344 7119